So here’s the thing:
- We have the chance to win $200 worth of apparel from Custom Ink
- We don’t have to pay
- But we need your help
- You don’t have to do much
- It doesn’t take too much time
- We only have $46 so far…SO HELP US OUT! What do you have to do? Well…
Ways you can support “NABJ – Northwestern University” on Pear (all optional and free)
It is remembered as one of the most influential events of Fall Quarter 2014 and even one of the best events of the school year: State of the Black Union.
When For Members Only decided to bring Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, the whole campus knew her keynote would be very pertinent to the state of our country today. Thus, over 600 people were present at the event.
Watch her address and the Q&A that follows (which was co-sponsored by NABJ-NU!).
Winter Break has come and gone. The gifts, familial spirits and free food are gone and Wildcats are ready to take on Part 2 of the 2014-2015 school year. Make sure to keep up with NABJ-NU this quarter!
Some of our plans:
- Back to bi-weekly meetings! The first? Mon. December 12th, at 5:15 p.m.! (LOCATION TBA)
- Service to others!! Among our many service opportunities are
- Collecting for an NABJ-NU donation to a very deserving Chicago non-profit organization.
- Creating a media crash course for students of ETHS.
- Mentoring GCYC students for Medill Media Teens.
- Our fashion event featuring The Sassy Peach!
- Black History Month programming
- …and more!
A big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who supported NABJ-NU during Fall Quarter. Everything wasn’t perfect, but with teamwork and collaboration, we can all have the organization that works for and benefits all of us. That being said, we hope you will give us your time another quarter, we promise to make it worthwhile.
The Executive Board of NABJ-NU